Cacao Bootcamp Retreat Summer 2018
June 18 - June 22$2085
Join Nat Blatter of Madre Chocolate and our team of Hawaii chocolate growers and makers for 5 sweet days in paradise June 18th-22nd 2018 at Cacao Bootcamp. Learn to make chocolate from tree-to-bar! The retreat includes:
– Daily master classes in cacao cultivation, processing, fermenting, pouring and packaging.
– Learn the rich history of cacao.
– Explore cacao farms.
– Daily excursions: waterfalls, remote beaches, local favorites, lava viewing.
– Daily yoga, sauna and hot tub for your holistic experience.
– Daily farm to table meals.
– Five nights hotel-esque accommodations on a 44 acre food Forrest and wellness center.
– Transportation to and from the airport and to all adventures.
– Make lasting friendships and connections.
– Find your inner alchemist and immerse yourself in the magic of Hawaii.
Double Occupancy*: $2,085
Single Occupancy*: $2,330
What to Bring
Here on the island of Hawaii, we have the most diverse bio-system in the world. Please plan for a variety of weather. Bring layers, bring swimwear, boots or shoes that can get muddy, hiking shoes, something you might like to wear for a fancy dinner and dance party.
Dr. Nat Bletter has 15 years of experience in botany, documenting exotic fruits and vegetables, gathering food in the wild, herbal and traditional medicine, and exploring Asia, South America, Central America, and Africa. He has a Ph.D. in Ethnobotany from the City University of New York and New York Botanical Garden, where he researched medicinal plants of Peru, Mali, and the Guatemalan Mayans, ethnobotany, taste-modifying plants, and stimulant plants such as cacao, which has spurred him to start a traditional-ingredient, high-antioxidant, artisinal chocolate company Madre Chocolate. He now runs 26-time award winner Madre Chocolate full time, making chocolate from scratch on Oahu. http://www.MadreChocolate.com/
* Airfare is not included. Massage and colon hydrotherapy will be available. Cancellations must be made 30 days before the start of the event, May 18th 2018, to receive a full refund.